Get your hands dirty and experience the magic of harvest, at the Robertson Wine Valley’s Hands-on Harvest 2011.
Following the success of the Robertson Wine Valley’s 2009 and 2010 Hands-On Harvest festivals, this year’s boutique family event is a must for the ardent wine-lover and aspiring winemaker. With the vines yielding grapes galore, make plans to head out to the Robertson Wine Valley to experience the ‘magic of harvest’.
This year’s Hands-On Harvest, taking place from Friday, 25 until Sunday, 27 February, promises to offer something for everyone, with an exciting line-up of festivities for fun seekers, novices and wine connoisseurs alike. Festival-goers will have the wonderful opportunity to:
- Experience the excitement of harvesting their own grapes;
- Master the art of wine-making;
- Enjoy a sumptuous farm breakfast while overlooking the vineyards;
- Take a ‘breakfast boat trip’ on the Breede River;
- Make a family event of grape-stomping;
- Take part in a wine-tasting on horseback or by horse-and-cart;
- Take a tractor trip through the vineyards and experience the landscape from a different vantage point;
- Picnic in the vineyards;
- Relish an abundant ‘harvest-lunch’ while sipping on the fizz of award-winning bubblies;
- Be treated to an engaging discussion on ‘Grape vs Wine’ and discover the difference between grapes, and the corresponding wine flavours;
- Shop at leisure and spoil themselves at the Harvest Market;
- Attend informative talks and demonstrations;
- Savour cocktails at leisure in the vineyards;
- Treat themselves to spa-vine therapy, using only grape-seed products;
- Indulge themselves at the Harvest Spit-braai;
- Relish a delicious, bountiful Harvest Dinner prepared by a Master Chef.
As some of the wineries participating in Hands-On Harvest are not ordinarily open to the public, the focus will be on hosting a series of intimate events. This ensures that guests enjoy the best, most personalised and ‘hands-on’ experiences.
For more information, visit the website for the programme of activities (which includes contact details for participating wineries).
Bookings are to be made direct with participating wineries by no later than 23 February. Payment is required in advance.
For accommodation in the area, visit the web-based regional brochure, www.robertsonwinevalley.com.
For more information, contact Robertson Wine Valley at 023-6263167.