- 2 red mullet fillets
- 6 scallops, cleaned, roe and membrane removed
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- butter, for frying
- 1 lemon, peeled and segmented, juice reserved
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented, juice reserved
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and segmented, juice reserved
- 1 splashes champagne
- 2 small bunches lamb’s lettuce, (mache)
- 2 sprigs chervil
1. Chop the red mullet into pieces a similar size to the scallops, and mix with the scallops. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a little olive oil and butter together in a non-stick frying pan until hot. Add the seafood mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, then turn over and switch off the heat.
3. Arrange the lemon, orange and grapefruit segments on a tray and carefully use a blowtorch to lightly char them.
4. Make a dressing by mixing the lemon, orange and grapefruit juices in a bowl. Whisk in a little champagne and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, arrange the citrus segments in a circular pattern on serving plates. Sit the scallop and red mullet pieces on top and scatter with the lamb’s lettuce. Drizzle with the dressing and finish each plate with a sprig of chervil.